Friday, October 23, 2009

Betty Late Than Never


To be fair, I haven't watched Ugly Betty in quite some time, but I decided to catch up with the fashionistas at Mode tonight and see if I should once again add the show to my weekly line up. The result: I have to say that it was quite delightful to rejoin the show. It's still as colorful and effervescent as I remembered it to be, and the pacing was wonderfully zippy and fluid. The writing is sharp, smart, and devilishly funny. Ugly Betty is as sleek and chic as a hot little Chanel number - and just as enjoyable to admire.

Now, apparently I've missed a lot over the past year. Betty is an editor now, and in this episode she is struggling to land a hot story for the upcoming issue of Mode. Meanwhile, Marc is planning to sabotage her chances for success and uses her ex Matt in his scheme.

I worry for the show's prospects given that ABC has relegated it to the barren viewer wasteland of Friday nights, but here's hoping that its fans remember to tune in (or at the very least, Tivo it!).

2 comments:

  1. I think this season of Ugly Betty is off to a great start. I'm catching it weekly on abc.com!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed what I've seen so far. I'm going to start watching again. It really is a charming show.

    ReplyDelete