Sunday, October 11, 2009

Planet Earth



I'm completely immersed in the Planet Earth marathon, airing as we speak on the Discover Channel. This amazing 11-part series on the wonder, beauty, and drama that is life on Earth is the most stunning documentary on the natural world ever put to film and it only gets better with repeat viewings(The sequence of the crocodile attack of the wildebeest heard at the river's edge still amazes me every time). Narrator Sigourney Weaver - who could narrate something as mundane as morning traffic on the 405 and still keep me riveted - guides us through each installment with ease, confidence, and emotion. Yes, I'm a nerd but this is something definitely worth nerding out over.

1 comment:

  1. It's ok if you're a nerd- I'm one to! ;) Tech nerd for sure... I recently saw this on Blu Ray and wow, talk about amazing filming. It really makes you stop and realize the incredible earth we live on. Sadly, so many people would probably pass this show up since it's not some flashy reality drama. Once I started watching I didn't want to turn away. Glad you enjoyed it as well!

    ReplyDelete