Thursday, October 1, 2009

Let the season begin!



My name is Phillip, and I'm addicted to TV. I love television, and always have, in a very unhealthy way. When I was a little kid, and the other children were playing outside, I was firmly planted on the couch watching reruns of I Love Lucy. Something about TV always fascinated me. I was drawn to the intimacy of the medium, and I appreciated the investment of committing to a new world every week, for months or years at a time. I've always been an escapist at heart, and the small screen granted me the perfect vacation from reality, without ever leaving the comfort of my own home. So now, as an adult, I still retain my affinity for television and I'm starting this blog to share my enthusiasm with whoever cares to partake with me. Every day, I'll recap a show (or two) and talk about what I thought about it.

If you are a TV junkie like myself, you know just how exciting September is. The new TV season begins and it's a clean slate. We anxiously reunite with our favorite shows, excited about what new adventures await us and we sample a slew of new series to see if they are worthy of our time, our commitment, and most importantly our DVR space. Since I go to school, and unfortunately have other responsibilities, I can't watch everything on television and I have to decide what shows to spend my evenings with.

Currently, I watch How I Met Your Mother on Mondays (although I intend to start watching Big Bang Theory, on account of the immense buzz the show is building), Hell's Kitchen and So You Think You Can Dance (which basically is just getting me by until Idol premieres in January) on Tuesdays, SYTYCD, Glee, Law and Order: SVU, Modern Family, and Cougar Town on Wednesdays, FlashForward, Community, Project Runway and (come October 15th) 30 Rock on Thursdays, Ugly Betty (starting October 9th) on Fridays, and Family Guy on Sundays. I also watch The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien nightly. Now, I know people will immediately say "How can you not watch House, or Dancing with the Stars, or Grey's Anatomy, or Desperate Housewives, or (insert popular show title here) if you call yourself a TV junkie?" To which I say, I used to watch those shows (well, except DWTS) and I've kind of moved on. If you feel I'm missing out on something let me know! I'm always on the look out for new shows to become obsessed with, or old shows to rediscover. Also, if there is something big happening on TV - like an awards show, or other major event - you best believe I'll be watching and blogging about it! In addition, if I stumble across something that catches my eye, intrigues me, infuriates me, or disgusts me I'll write about that too.

So, to kick things off, this weekend I'll blog about Modern Family (the BEST new series of the year so far), Cougar Town, Flashforward and Community and starting next Monday we'll get into the regular routine of day-after recaps. Here's to an exciting new TV season! Happy Watching!!

No comments:

Post a Comment