Saturday, October 10, 2009

In the meantime...


Since I'm definitely lagging in my posts this weekend (I'm behind on 3 shows!!), I'm offering this great article by TIME magazine TV critic James Poniewozik on the comeback of comedy (which I just happened to stumble upon while waiting to check out at CVS). The piece goes in depth to discuss what happened to the sitcom after Seinfeld and how it has evolved since. Is the traditional situation comedy dead? In short, yes. However, the new and transformed format of television comedy is - in his opinion - stronger, sharper, and more complex. Using Glee, The Office, Modern Family, How I Met Your Mother, and 30 Rock as examples, Poniewozik proclaims that while the old-fashioned format is (for the most part) gone, the laughs on the small screen are still abundant. Enjoy!

No Laugh Track Required: The Comeback of the Sitcom

No comments:

Post a Comment