Saturday, October 3, 2009

Knowledge is Power!

It's no secret that I am a giant nerd. I love spending my weekends watching episodes of The Universe, American Experience, Planet Earth, or pretty much anything about dinosaurs (the little boy in me still gets ridiculously excited anytime I see a T-Rex) or sharks("Live every week, like it's shark week!"). There’s something extremely satisfying about curling up on the couch and immersing myself in documentaries on a lazy Saturday afternoon. Today, I happened to catch The National Parks: America’s Best Idea, Ken Burns’ new film series on PBS. Burns is a master of the format and this project is just as fascinating and beautiful as any of his other works. So, if you're a dork like me and enjoy learning that doesn't really feel like learning then definitely add National Parks to your DVR list.

No comments:

Post a Comment