Sunday, October 11, 2009

Project Runway Part 2

This week’s Project Runway featured the dreaded wedding dress challenge, with a twist. The remaining nine designers were presented with nine recently divorced women looking to transform their old wedding gowns into something new, fun and sexy – a new look for a new life. Some of the original dresses were so mind-blowingly hideous that I literally had to turn away from my TV to prevent from becoming physically ill.

My thoughts:

The tenderness of Gordana’s backstory was a much needed break from the sheer annoyance of Shirin’s constant complaining.

Chris misfired again, this time with a disastrous metallic bag style dress. Where happened to the brilliant designer who constructed a magnificent feather dress with a bodice made completely out of newspaper just a few weeks ago?

Gordana’s punk dress was outstanding! This was the first time I’ve truly been blown away but something she has done.

Shirin’s final product, albeit nice, was too safe (in the words of her client as well) and lackluster for me.

Irina, while talented, isn’t as fantastic as they claim her to be.

In the end, Epperson’s Oktoberfest/Pirates Wench outfit bought him a ticket home and Logan’s hideous pant/blouse combo nearly sent him packing as well.

I just had a quick thought on the season so far. If I didn’t sit down to write this blog – or stopped to physically count the number of competitors remaining – I would never have noticed that we are more than half way to our Bryant Park finally. We’ve yet to see a designer with a cohesive aesthetic and unique vision, and that worries me a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment