Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Family Vacation

ABC will be airing the CMA's tonight, therefore we won't be treated to another hilarious installment of Modern Family. However, with baseball over we finally get Glee back after a 3 week hiatus. I personally love all the grandeur and spectacle of a professional sporting event (speaking of which, NBC informed us last week that we are less than 100 days away from the Winter Olympics), but I'm glad we're back to regularly scheduled programming.

In related news, I recently listened to the preview track of "Defying Gravity" from tonight's episode of Glee. Now, let me point out that I'm a huge Wicked fan and "Defying Gravity" is one of the most powerful numbers I've ever had the pleasure of seeing live.

However, the arrangement seemed to strip away all of "Defying Gravity's" emotion and gusto. What's left is a watered down, lite FM version of the song which lacks everything that makes the original so wonderful. I'm hoping it either a) works better in the context of the episode or b) is arranged completely different. I still have faith in the show runners, and I've read a few reviews touting tonight's Glee as pretty fantastic so we'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment